John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Maytag 7000AG showed an error and stopped running while

Customer Question

My Maytag 7000AG showed an error and stopped running while on a cold load. Removed clothes with water in drum and reselected drain and spin and the following took place.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: After door locked drum started to oscilate aand cylcled twice then stopped and a humming noise continued until shutting machine off.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Also at the time the machine was humming I pushed power button to cancel there was no response so I removed paoer from the machine to shut it off.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I think thats it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today. When the humming noise started did the water drain at all? If not then what has happened is your drain pump has went out. If you get me your model number I can send you a link to the part you will need to replace it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No...the water has remained in the drum. Please send me the link to the part.Thanks!
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

I will just need your model number to get you the correct part.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
7000AG
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

That is actually not the model number. The model number will probably be pretty long and will have numbers and letters. You can typically find it when you lift the door some where around the seal . Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back with you. The system just alerted me you were waiting.