Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Im getting an F51 error message on my miele dishwasher - its

Customer Question

Hi Im getting an F51 error message on my miele dishwasher - its only 6 months old
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its a G4920UCLST its a 2015 model been used for 6 months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: sorry G4920SCCLST
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It shouldnt need replacement parts - its practically brand new - i assume its bocked somewhere?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

This error F51 means that your water heater relay isn't engaging. Now typically that is due to the circulation pump not running which makes since because you said the dishwasher hasn't been run for 6 month which can cause the circulation pump to seize up. You can try to break the impeller free and below is a video that shows you the process. If that doesn't work, you need to replace the circulation pump I'm sorry to say.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?