Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

We have a SubZero Under counter wine cooler which came with

Customer Question

We have a SubZero Under counter wine cooler which came with the house we recently bought and it is no longer cooling. the display says "service". We don't seem to have any paperwork on it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sub-Zero is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model 424
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If you can suggest what might be needed we can decide if it is within our skill set.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We have no idea how old it is.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today. Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I will see what I can find out for you and hopefully locate a manual for you as well.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That would be great. Thanks
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

No lights or cooling.

•Verify power is on.

•Verify electrical power to unit and home circuit breaker is on.

SERVICE’ flashes in control panel display.

•Verify condenser is clean.

•Turn unit off at the control panel, then on. If indicator continues to flash, contact Sub-Zero factory certified service

https://www.ajmadison.com/ajmadison/itemdocs/424G%20Use%20&%20Care%20Guide.pdf

Manual for your unit. Give me just a moment to look into something for you. I would say if these troubleshooting tips do not work then it will end up being a thermistor or thermostat has went faulty. Let me look into parts on your particular unit first though.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Just to verify your unit does not say SAB on it does it?

Sabbath

This appliance is certified by Star-K to meet strict religious regulations in conjunction with specific instructions found

on www.star-k.org. To initiate Sabbath mode, while the unit is on, touch UNIT ON/OFF on the control panel. Touch and hold UNIT ON/OFF for 10 seconds. This will turn the unit on and lights will be disabled. To return to normal operating conditions, touch UNIT ON/OFF.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

If it is not in sabath lets start with this first.

SERVICE Flashes in control panel display if a temperature problem has been detected, or if condenser needs

to be cleaned.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. There is power, at least the temp is displayed and service is flashing. Unit is completely built in so I'll need to wait for help to check the coils. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

You are very welcome. I hope you received the manual I sent to you and I will be here if you need any further assistance. All I ask is that you rate with 5 stars if you find my information helpful. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me at any point either. Let me know how the coils go. I would say that will end up being the fix to your problem. This can happen with these units.