Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Kenmore Elite frig, circa 2012 - Model

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a Kenmore Elite frig, circa 2012 - Model 795.75543401. The freezer ice maker drawer is frosting up badly, as well as the drawer to the right. Doors are closing tightly, so I don't know what to do. Thanks! *****
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The date of the model is December 2004 and it is Model 795.75543401. Sorry, way off on that first date.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, if I can. I live in a rural area and it takes forever for Sears Service to schedule a time. Plus, it is expensive.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, that is all.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you today. Give me a few minutes while I pull up some information for you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Have you looked at the coils to see if there is any ice built up on them?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

The defrost heater assembly turns on several times throughout the day to melt away any frost that may have accumulated on the evaporator coils. If the defrost heater assembly is defective, the defrost system will not work, and frost will continue to accumulate on the evaporator coils. To determine if the defrost heater is defective, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. If the defrost heater does not have continuity, replace it.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kenmore-Refrigerator-Defrost-Heater-Assembly/5300JK1005D/1268155?modelNumber=795.75543401&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b6d699095

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kenmore-Refrigerator-Defrost-Heater-Assembly/5300JK1005D/1268155?modelNumber=795.75543401&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b6d699095#repairHelpVideoTabsAnchor

The main control board regulates the power supply to all of the refrigerator components, including the defrost system. If the main control board is defective, it may stop sending voltage to the defrost system. Control boards are frequently misdiagnosed—before replacing the main control, first test all of the defrost system components. If none of the defrost system components are defective, consider replacing the main control board.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kenmore-Refrigerator-Main-Control-Board/6871JB1280P/1266870?modelNumber=795.75543401&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b6d699095

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where are the coils in the freezer, so I can check them?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

You should be able to access them through the bottom in the back by taking the back panel off.