Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Refrigerator/freezer model # 79678093901 switch for light is

Customer Question

Refrigerator/freezer model #***********switch for light is not functioning. Do you know the estimated cost of repair of switch?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So unfortunately I do not have good news for you I'm sorry to say. The problem isn't your bulb and it isn't your light switch. This model is actually made by LG and sold by Sears under the Kenmore Name. The relay for the lights on the main control board is known to fail often. You can't replace just the relay board. You would need to order and replace the control board to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the control board located on the back of the refrigerator behind an 8" x 10" access panel. If you're handy you can definitely replace the part yourself. It's all plug and play and only takes about 15-20 minutes to swap out.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.