Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dryer will not start. It will come on and let you choose

Customer Question

My dryer will not start. It will come on and let you choose the drying option but when you press start it does nothing. It always has the check filter light on and we check it and nothing is there or we will clean it and then it starts drying but now it will not do anything. It is not even a year old and Samsung people have already been out once before. Well who has time to wait for their appointment these days?!?! so was hoping I could just reset it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Eco Dry Steam Vent sensor moister sensor model#: DV56H9000EP/A2 we bought it last november
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: only if i can just reset it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i don't think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So there really isn't a simple reset other than to try to unplug the dryer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. Other than that you'd need to take the dryer apart because if the unit won't run but the panel turns on and you can select a cycle, either the belt has fallen off (or broken) and needs to be replaced, or a thermal cut out below the dryer drum has tripped and that's usually the result of too long of a vent through the house or a partially clogged vent through the house that needs to be cleaned. Either way if you take the dryer apart yourself you'd void the warranty possibly so as long as it's less than a year old you may want to just wait for the warranty technician. But if you wanted to take the dryer apart you'd want to look at the belt to see if it's broken or has fallen off causing the belt switch to trip and cut power to the motor.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.