Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
A new question is answered every 9 seconds connect the water hoses to my washer directly from

Customer Question connect the water hoses to my washer directly from the washer
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a atlantis mav6200aww we are having difficulties tightning the water feed hose to the washer
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just tell me how to access where the water hoses connect from the washer...its very small and hard to access
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

There is a specific tool called washer hose pliers that was designed to tighten these hoses since the receptacles are recessed into the back of the washer and that makes this really simple, below is a link to the tool.

CLICK HERE for hose pliers

Without those, it's a fight for sure and really the only way to tighten the hoses is 1/10 turn at a time using small channel locks or something like that.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.