Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kitchenaid model KUIC18NNTS1 undercounter ice

Customer Question

I have a Kitchenaid model KUIC18NNTS1 undercounter ice maker. It will not stop making ice. I replaced the thermistor, which I ordered online. I then cleaned the machine with whirlpool cleaner. The next morning my ice bin was overflowing again. Can you help?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Around 2007 or 2008. Model is KUIC18NNTS1.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I replaced the thermistor and cleaned it myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. That's about it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Since there are 2 thermistors on this model icemaker I'm not sure which one you replaced, but the one responsible for the ice shut off is the bin thermistor which is mounted to the right side wall inside and it's a 6" white plastic tubular sensor. The part number is ***** If this is the sensor you replaced then you replaced the correct sensor but if it continues to make ice, I'm afraid the sensor wasn't the problem and the main control board is actually the issue because it isn't reading the sensor properly. This is mounted in the ceiling of the icemaker and below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?