Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kenmore dishwasher model #W10620235A and the door

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore dishwasher model #W10620235A and the door seems to just fall down. It has no tension when opening. what would be the problem?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So unfortunately it sounds like your door cables are broken which is why the door just falls down. If you uninstall the dishwasher and pull it forward, you'll see some nylon cables that attach to the door hinges and run around different rollers before they attach to the frame of the dishwasher toward the back. These cables are generally sold as a "link kit" with all the plastic rollers and cable which is part number(###) ###-#### Just replace this kit and you should be good to go again. Below is a link to the part you can order.

CLICK HERE for link kit

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.