Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Replaced part between transmission and motor and have no

Customer Question

replaced part between transmission and motor and have no function now ...no spin no pump no aggitate ... all this worked before replacement except the spin cycle ... the coupler is installed correctly it seems like an electronic issue since the washer now does not have any cycles... I can hear the clock ticking but nothing happens
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you. Give me just a moment to locate your manual while I try to assist you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Does the unit get any electric when you plug it in?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its a stack unit w dryer on top so yes electric working ... I can hear the clock ticking on cycles but there's no action
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I know its a stack unit I just wanted to confirm the breaker wasnt off or anything. I have your manual pulled up. Bare with me just another moment.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I also need to verify after you replaced everything did you turn the water back on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sir...and water is working fine going in ... does not pump out now though & just to be clear it was pumping out before replacing coupler .. i
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok got you. Let me finish looking through the manual for a moment and I will be right back with you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not in front of the machine right now either ... I am at my office so a fix on this situation will have to be tried when I get home ... if that's not going to work let me know and we can jump off this thing (never tried this before so not really sure how it works)
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

That is totally fine. That will give me more time to look into it and when you get home just message me on here and we will trouble shoot together.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have internet at home so this is really not going to work?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok if you would rather just have me cancel this I can do that for you. I am thinking it may be the start capacitor has went bad. But I cant tell you how to check that until you are in front of it. If you would like you can follow up with me tomorrow or I can have this matter closed for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I guess close it & thanks for your time. pls refund
***** ********
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok I hope you figure out what is going on. Thank you for choosing just answer.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

So I know you said to close this out but believe what your problem is is your lid switch has come unplugged.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Washer-Dryer-Combo-Lid-Switch-Assembly/WP3355458/520852?modelNumber=LTE6234AW2&ss=a17b5i213d112256&mr=1

This is what it looks like and this is the location of it is number 17 on this diagram.

http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/O2022308-00006.png

I certainly hope you find this information helpful and if you check I know you will find this to be the problem. If you are satisfied with this information just rate with 5 stars at the top.