Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My display board on my "supbra" oven does not work. Is it a

Customer Question

My display board on my "supbra" oven does not work. Is it a fire hazard? Can it be easily repaired? The oven works fine, as do all the controls, I just cannot see what's going on. I have to trust that if I push Oven and 400 and start, that it does and cooks t that degree. Suggestions?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Are you there??
JA: No. I'm the Appliance Technician's Assistant.
Customer: So you do or do not have an answer?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's about 15 years old and it says Supbra on it. The display is digital.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Absolutely not, I want a skilled technician
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just tell me if there is a chance that it could spontaneously start a fire
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

First, it's not a fire hazard because the oven has thermal cut outs if it should ever get too hot. It also won't allow you to select a temperature like 800 degrees or whatnot because that's way out of any cooking range. The display would need to be replaced or refurbished to get the display back. The cost of the board is usually about $300 and refurbishing is about $200 and takes two weeks. Whether the board is even made still is probably not likely at 15 years old but without a full model number I can't say for certain so refurbishing the board at a place like Appliancetimers.com might be the only viable option.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?