Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I own a Whirlpool Duet Electric Dryer Model #WGD9750WW1. The

Customer Question

I own a Whirlpool Duet Electric Dryer Model #WGD9750WW1. The door latches are wearing so that the door pops partially open during the dry cycle. I've looked at the fix procedure on YouTube and looks pretty easy. I've already ordered the replacement parts. The door is itself is not solid but has plastic windows front and back. I know this sounds strange, but I'm not sure how to remove the screws (14 of them) without disassembling the window part. If the door was solid, that would be very easy but that's not the case. I've tried to find a video dealing with this particular model with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 6 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately there is no video for this procedure. You will just need to lay the door down on it's face on the ground and remove all the screws going into the door so you can split the door apart. Just make sure the windows go back the same way as they come apart, splitting the outer trim is what you need to do and the windows will become loose but you just need to re-align everything when you put the trim back together.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?