John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I've got a jenn air jcd2389ges. the fridge is not cooling

Customer Question

Hey Justin, I've got a jenn air jcd2389ges. the fridge is not cooling below 53 deg. Any suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: JCD 2389ges I think it's about 15 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not necessarily. Is it easy to do? if not, who do you recommend?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i was turned on to this site by the question about the freezer drain pan leaking so this is also an issue
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Now I know the problem is with your refrigerator section and not the freezer, but the first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?