Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I got an LD code on my Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and was

Customer Question

I got an LD code on my Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and was googling to see if there were fixes I could do
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I am guessing about 7 years old. Kenmore Elite Oasis HE Model # is 110.28062800
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is easy yeah
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That is it. This is the first time this has happened.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Alright, so let's start by explaining what your error code means. Error "LD" means that your washer isn't draining. You'll need to tip the the washer backwards and unplug the unit so you can get under the washer. The drain pump is mounted to the back of the washer under the tub. It will need to be removed to check for any blockages. If you find nothing, then drain all the water out and try the washer again. If you get the error code again and you found nothing in the drain pump, you need to replace the drain pump itself. Below is a video on how to access and remove the drain pump so that you can check for blockages or replace the drain pump. Please unplug the washer and be sure to have a wet vac or lots of towels ready when you remove the pump because all the water in the tub will come pouring out.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?