Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Kenmore 700 Series Clothes Dryer (electric) that is

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore 700 Series Clothes Dryer (electric) that is starting to quit in the middle of a drying cycle. Assume it's a sensor problem? What kind of procedure to replace a sensor?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your dryer what is your model number so I can try and help you with this matter?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Sears is woefully lax in its info about that. The literature in one place says "Models 110.6/7774*, 6/7775*, 6/7776*" -- and that's all there is. On the front page of the main "manual" it says, quote, "Dryer." On another set (the safety instructions) it says 27" Electric Dryer. My impression is that Kenmore is trying to use the least amount of paper to cover the largest number of products. Not helpful, but that's all I have.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I will see what I can do with this. Bare with me a few moments please.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/article/dryer-wont-start-troubleshooting-electric-dryer-problems-video.html

Here is some information on common causes with these dryers that make them not start. The door switch can be a faulty part or the temp sensor. Check out this information and if you have a multimeter that would be great. There are how to videos and all. Once we figure out which part is not working we can then get the part you need ordered.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

OK. It'll take awhile. And let me point out that the dryer starts OK. It's tending to stop after maybe 20 minutes of running OK, which is not a full cycle.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Do you notice what part of the cycle it is supposed to be going into that it stops?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I would say that your heating element is probably going out on you and its pretty easy to change out. If its not the heating element it will more than likely be the sequencer to the heating element. Give me a moment while I locate some diagrams on where this stuff is located and parts.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/wp3387747/0026/110.html

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/279457/0026/110.html

Numbers 14 and 15 on this diagram.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/11067741600/0582/0151200.html

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Webb-Guy, you've done your best. Sadly, to no avail. These documents describe a slightly different dryer, that has a nice easily-accessed back panel. In order to remove my back panel, it's necessary to get the back of the top control unit off -- and in order to do THAT, one must get off a couple of screws that are totally unaccessible by "ordinary means." By which I mean, using tools a normal person possesses. Everything fits under or over everything else. I think this thing was designed by a couple of ex-CIA agents. FYI, the Model Number on my dryer (I just found it) is 110.67761600 -- which I may not have told you earlier. Finally found it on the door frame.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok give me just a moment to locate your information bare with me another moment.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok that helps So lets try looking into this first. This is a common thing that can happen when your dryer stops spinning

One or more of the drum roller axles might be worn out. Most dryers have two drum support rollers on the rear of the drum, and some dryers have two more rollers supporting the front of the drum. The rollers must spin freely to work properly. If the roller axles are worn out, the rollers may not spin freely, causing the motor to overload and the dryer to stop. To determine if the drum roller axles are worn out, remove the belt from the dryer and try turning the drum by hand. If the drum does not rotate freely, check the support rollers for wear. If the rollers spin freely without wobbling, the axles do not need to be replaced. If a roller wobbles and/or does not spin freely, we recommend replacing all of the axles and rollers as a preventative measure.

If this is the problem this is the part to correct it.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kenmore-Dryer-Drum-Roller-Axle/WPW10359271/1878662?modelNumber=110.67761600&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a8b6d702767

Please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I was wondering if you had the chance to look over the information I provided you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Frankly, I'm not in agreement. These all seem to address a situation where the machine won't start. I ended up talking with another person (friend) who had a similar problem who says it's the moisture sensor and who is going to take it from here with me -- found a bunch of videos better than yours. Sorry. . .

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Well that is fine I only sent one thing to you I would have made it to the moisture sensor as well. I just needed you to check out the information I was sending you was all. I can cancel this question for you. Please do not rate negatively.