Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Samsung dryer that stopped working after the first

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Samsung dryer that stopped working after the first load today . Any suggestions ? I have unplugged it for 5 minutes and no luck .
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.
  1. What exactly happens when you try to start a cycle now?
  2. Do you hear a click from the control are, even though it does not start?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The lights and time are all on, when the start button is pressed there is a faint click from the back of the machine
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Okay, great! Are you able to perform some moderate disassembly to access the interior of the machine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, will it be from the front of the machine
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Yes, please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I believe the thermal fuse has opened and will need to be replaced. I have attached 6 pages from the service manual to aid with accessing that part for replacement. There are quite a few steps, start with the top, then the control console, then the plate, followed by the bulkhead, just in case the pictures do not come through in order.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how it is accessed, too!

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you Kelly . I will try these steps in a couple of hours , when my husband gets home . I will have to pull the machine out to access those 2 screws and I just had a baby , so I really shouldn't be doing that . I will get back with you to let you know what we encounter .
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I agree, you have your hands full with the new baby, CONGRATULATIONS! My second granddaughter is due in January, love those babies! :-)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you , yes the baby time is so short . I will get back with you later
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As we looked through the steps , and videos, they are a bit more than moderate . Do you guys have a person that can come out and do the repair ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I understand, thank you. If you provide your zip code, I can get you a referral.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
33612
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The best reviewed servicer in your area is below! For this repair, you can expect it to run about $150-175 + parts, the fuse runs about $15 retail.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, thank you again Kelly for all your help . I will contact them in the a.m. good luck on the new grandbaby
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** new little one! Take care, thanks again!