Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE side by side Profile. after changing the filter

Customer Question

I have a GE side by side Profile. after changing the filter in the refrig. my freezer is leaking water down the back of freezer and dripping down wire shelves. not sure if changing the filter is the problem or just a coincidence. hate to pay a service charge if its some thing I can repair
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If water is dripping down the back of the freezer, dispense water out the dispenser to be sure to expel all the air in the water lines in case you still have air in the water lines. Next, use a hair dryer and thaw out the fill tube behind the ice maker in case the fill tube is partially frozen with ice and causing water to spray out instead of just flow into the icemaker. If you still get leaking, then the electronic water valve behind your refrigerator has just failed and would need to be replaced because it's not sealing up properly anymore.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?