Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Kenmore Elite HE3 Model 11042822200 keeps getting an F02

Customer Question

My Kenmore Elite HE3 Model***********keeps getting an F02 error message. I've cleaned out ALL of the drain lines from tub to exit. I get the error message 100% of the time with the wash cycle and the rinse cycle. I only get it 50% of the time with the drain and spin cycle. It works fine the other 50% of the time. Could it still be that I need to replace the drain motor, since it does drain once in a while? OR what is it that I need to fix?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Yes if you're certain everything is clean, then you either have a bad control board or you have a bad drain pump. The key is to note whether or not the water actually drained out when the error appears. If the washer definitely didn't drain the water out, replace the drain pump because it's just not draining fast enough. Now on the other hand if the washer does drain out but you just get an error code anyways, you need to replace the main control board called the "CCU" for short.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.