Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a gold series dishwasher. when it finishes washing

Customer Question

I have a gold series dishwasher. when it finishes washing there is water in the bottom.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Whirlpool gold series W10431036A
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is slightly over a year old and this is the 1st time this has occured
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

This could be a pump issue or a partially blocked drain. If you have a siphon gap next to your sink check that for any blockages as that can often get partially blocked causing that issue. If that is clear and the unit keeps leaving a bit of water either it is blocked in the drain hose, the sump on the unit or you may have a failing pump. I have replaced quite a few pumps lately on 1-2 year old machines so it is not uncommon. You just have to check those things out to see. Let me know what you find.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!