Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

I have an ASKO D5253 dishwasher. The sump pump won't shut

Customer Question

I have an ASKO D5253 dishwasher. The sump pump won't shut off. On an older model, I knew how to access the pan and the float valve, but on this one I don't see how to get past the kick plate.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: ASKO D5253. No, I haven't run a diagnostic test cycle, partly because with the pump constantly running (I've killed the power at the breaker box), I can't access that cycle.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I want to see how far I get before giving up!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you. So to access the kick plate what you need to do is remove the door panel. Its easier with the door panel removed ,the front panel , then there is a access panel as well ,8 torx screws , when all that is off ,you access thru the front.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. So removing the door panel: is that a matter of removing the decorative panel on the outside, by means of screws in the stainless interior of the door?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Yes that is what I am saying. If you find this information helpful please rate with 5 stars at the top. Rating does not stop you from following up with me at a later point if you still need further assistance. I am here if you need me.