Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am staying in a flat with a Schott Ceran cooktop. The

Customer Question

I am staying in a flat with a Schott Ceran cooktop. The center light (labeled ON/OFF is on (red), but I can't turn on any of the elements. The power is obviously on. Thank you for any help. Martha harmon
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No. Why would that work?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: In the message on the information page "Jon" suggests turning off the circuit for ten minutes. Is that the recommendaed time?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

You should be able to just press and hold the on/off (control lock) button for 10 seconds to turn the unit on so that you can use the cooktop again. If that doesn't work and you tried to recycle the power, the touch control panel has failed and would need to be replaced unfortunately.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?