Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My Maytag washer model # MHW4000BW1 appears to have a

Customer Question

My Maytag washer model # MHW4000BW1 appears to have a deranged computer chip that has caused it to present many perplexing problems in the few months I have owned it. In particular, there are aberrations in the agitation and spin cycles that have not been alleviated by several Maytag repair-guys who have cheerfully come to check up. The most recent (yesterday) cost me many hours out of my day, and my writeup is two pages long. Various culprits have been identified as oversudsing (still happening with less than one ounce of HE detergent and a vanishingly-shallow layer of suds), faulty loading (I'm a bright woman and have carefully followed loading instructions, and in desperation no longer wash small loads at all). I am now documenting the problems via the dealer and other Maytag sources including you. If things cannot be resolved I will be forced to abandon my long-time loyalty to Maytag (my uncle was corporate council in the 40s and 50s, and my father a high school friend of Fred Maytag at Newton High School in the late 20s and early 30s) and conclude that the golden days of Maytag reliability may all lie in the past.
I sincerely ***** ***** can solve my problems.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

This was a common issue you need to change out the CCU board to fix it. That is the main board off to the right with the top off here is a link to it. They had so many issues with them they are on backorder from most appliance parts dealers

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!