Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a U-line wine cooler model # U2075 WCS-01. The unit

Customer Question

I have a U-line wine cooler model # U2075 WCS-01. The unit started to leak- it appeared to be defrosting- and I cleaned the fins and unit, but the compressor doesn't seem to click on any longer. Do you have a service rep you can service the unit in Staten Island, NY? My zip code is 10304, Please let me know?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: I double checked the thermostat. my unit doesn't seem to have a filter.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I cleaned the cooling fins and the unit seems to just have clicked on!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Well, if the unit doesn't work, I may need to have it serviced. could it have been in a defrost cycle?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

It could have certainly been a defrost cycle when the fins and coils become dirty or frosted over most units these days will kick into defrost mode to try to get the unit to self fix.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Is the compressor currently on?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

The most common things with these units is the thermostat failing or the coils and fins getting dirty if the unit is running now then it just went into defrost mode to try and fix itself.

If you find this information helpful please do rate with 5 stars at the top. Rating does not stop you from following up with me in the event this happens again.