John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kenmore side by side refrigerator. The ice maker

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore side by side refrigerator. The ice maker has quit making ice. When I have the freezer open and close the gate to make it think the door is closed the red light on the right side blinks twice pauses and blinks twice again. I can't find anything in the manual that explains what that means.Can you tell me what it means ?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is the ice maker broken? I have a Sear's technician appointment but he/she can't arrive until Sept. 27th.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your ice maker this is actually a pretty common issue with Kenmore sometimes. What I want you to do first is check on the side of your ice maker and see if you can find a reset switch on your unit. Hopefully we can get this fixed for you without the overpriced technician

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

If this does not help it I will need you to provide me with your model number so I can pull up your service manual.