Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I replaced control bd on a model ww304308 all wires are back

Customer Question

I replaced control bd on a model ww304308 all wires are back in same place when I turned breaker back on and turn on the cov oven on top there was a loud pop in back of oven I removed bottom element right side of element was burned off
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: about 1998 jen air double oven con on top the oven is a expression serial #11108465mw
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: already did I have replaced bd before about 5 years ago
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just what caused the element to short out if you know
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today. Typically since you say that you put all the wires back in the spot it sounds to me like the element was already going bad and when you put the new unit in it juiced it quickly and made it pop. So once you replace the element your unit should be back to normal with no problems. The only other thing that would have caused it would have been had the unit been wired back wrong. Since you said you put all the wires in the right place then all it was is the element was already going bad.

I hope you find this information helpful and if you do please rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. If you have any follow up questions please feel free to reach back out to me. Rating does not stop you from following up with me.