Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My ecosmart washer won't drain or spin. I thought I need new

Customer Question

My ecosmart washer won't drain or spin. I thought I need new suspension. It's cycle to rinse and stops then beeps. What should I do?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Glw15 maybe 7 sevens old Fisher and paykel ecosmart
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maybe...I have someone else replace suspension rods, which I thought was from a oversize load.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Some leaking at from bottom.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Let's see what error you're getting to determine what your washer thinks is wrong. Start a cycle and wait for it to start beeping constantly at you. Once it beeps look at the 8 progress lights across the control panel. Which lights are illuminated from LEFT to RIGHT? Example (1st, 5th, 8th).

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It ll take moment to cycle back, but doing it now.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK sounds good. Just let me know when you can. I might log off for a bit but I'll respond as soon as I get your message.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
3 lights
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK, unfortunately that doesn't help so let's try this again. Which lights are illuminated from LEFT to RIGHT? Example (1st, 5th, 8th).

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Now I got one Green wash light one rinse light and spin lit. Constant beeping.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Please read carefully before you reply again. We're not getting anywhere. Which lights are illuminated from LEFT to RIGHT? Example (1st, 5th, 8th).

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Gotcha. 3rd, 6th and 8th. Sorry lol
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

alright perfect. One moment while I look up that error code please.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK so this is a pump block error. You will need to manually drain all the water in the tub using a cup, bucket, and towels. then tip the machine backwards so you can access under the bottom and unplug the unit. The drain pump is located in the front right corner. It has a fan blade hanging from the bottom of it. Twist the fan blade an if it doesn't spin freely, you need to remove your drain pump and clear the blockage above it. There is a plastic tab that you can push on and then the entire pump will twist and pull off.

If the blade does spin freely, there is a "Y-connection" in the back right corner with (3) 1" hoses connected to it. Disconnect the hoses and check the "Y-connection" for any blockages. Remove any blockages if necessary.

If both things check good, then you just need to replace the drain pump itself and it costs about $100.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
K
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good luck

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?