Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

I have a Samsung refridgerator, modelMFI2269VEM10. My ice

Customer Question

I have a Samsung refridgerator, modelMFI2269VEM10. My ice maker is not making ice, water line ok, no ice in ice bin. I cannot find rest button on this model. PleSe help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you today. Give me a few moments while I pull up some manuals.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I am standing by for an answer, also, this is a one time thing am I correct? I don't want to see a bunch of charges on my card!
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I do not deal with the funds. If you did not sign up for a subscription then yes its a one time thing if you did customer service can straighten that out and cancel the subscription so you are only charged the once. I will send in a ticket to them letting them know to check your account.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

So the reset button for your particular model should be the right hand side of the ice bin. There should be like a switch or tab or something there. Do you see that?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I noticed you said your brand was a Samsung but your model number pulls up a Maytag? Just want to make sure the number is *****

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no the only thing I see is an off on switch no reset button
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

ok now as far as the brand of your refrigerator is it a Samsung or Maytag because the model number you gave me is for a Maytag but in your question you said Samsung?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is Samsung and I am standing in front of it right now model number is *****
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I apologize my washer and dryer are Samsung refridgerator is may tag.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

It's totally fine when things are not working we become frustrated with everything one more moment I am pulling up a service manual to find a picture for your reset switch.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Here are some trouble shooting tips directly from your unit. Lets go over these first.

The ice maker is not producing ice or not enough ice

■ Refrigerator connected to a water supply and the supply shutoff valve turned on? Connect refrigerator to water

supply and turn water shutoff valve fully open.

■ Kink in the water source line? A kink in the line can reduce water flow. Straighten the water source line.

■Ice maker turned on? Make sure wire shutoff arm or switch (depending on model) is in the ON position.

■New installation?Wait 24 hours after ice maker installation for ice production to begin. Wait 72 hours for full ice production.

Freezer door closed completely? Firmly close the freezer compartment door. If the freezer compartment door will not

close all the way, see “The doors will not close completely.”

■ Large amount of ice recently removed? Allow 24 hours for ice maker to produce more ice.

■ Ice cube jammed in the ice maker ejector arm? Remove ice from the ejector arm with a plastic utensil.

Water filter installed on the refrigerator? Remove filter and operate ice maker. If ice volume improves, then the filter may be clogged or incorrectly installed. Replace filter or reinstall it correctly.

■ Reverse osmosis water filtration system connected to your cold water supply? This can decrease water pressure.

See “Water Supply Requirements.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Also this is the information for the switch inside of your unit.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I was wondering if you had a chance to go over the information I sent you a couple days ago?