Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have had a Wolf electric cooktop for several years. Now,

Customer Question

We have had a Wolf electric cooktop for several years.
Now, for the first time when we touch the key symbol to lock it the timer shows "5 hrs."
Is there a way to stop it from doing this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

OK Lynn, sorry about the delay. It sounds like your unit may be in Sabbath mode. First try to just flip the breaker off to the unit for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then press and hold the ALL OFF button for 5 seconds to remove the Sabbath mode. Other than that if it still continues to act up, the touch control panel has just failed below the glass top and it would need to be replaced to get it to function properly again I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?