Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washing machine does not start. checked electric outlet.

Customer Question

My washing machine does not start. checked electric outlet. ok. Model number WTW5000DW1, Serial number C54243451.
Machine was purchased delivered 10-22-2015
Order Number(###) ###-####Purchased at THE HOME DEPOT #618
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the washer won't start then you could have a bad lid switch or actuator motor not shifting properly. The reality is that the only way to possibly fix the problem without replacing any parts is to unplug the washer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then you have a faulty part and the unit isn't even a year old so you'll want to call warranty and they will repair the unit at no charge. Their number is *****

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.