Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Can the plastic cover onthe front door be replaced on the

Customer Question

can the plastic cover onthe front door be replaced on the microwave model WMH 1163XVP-1
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MODEL WMH 1163XVp-1 WHIRLPOOL MICROWAVE TR-107 25413 BOUGHT IN 2011
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: WHERE CAN I GET THE PART AND INSTALLATION GUIDE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately the front cover of the door can not be replaced separately from the rest of the door because Whirlpool doesn't sell the part separately. The entire door would need to be replaced which is about $150 if you wanted to replace it. You can order the part at Searspartsdirect.com if you enter your full model number but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not at $150 for the part. That's completely up to you of course.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?