Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a 3 year old Kenmore double side refrigerator with

Customer Question

I have a 3 year old Kenmore double side refrigerator with water/ice dispenser. I the process of cleaning the appliance I got a flashlight and
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: attempted to look up into the outside where water/ice comes out --
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it is covered with mold. I'm frustrated as I can get no assistance from store or manual as to how to thoroughly clean it. I can find no way to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: easily access the area. This is totally gross and unacceptable to me.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you today. Do you happen to have the model number and brand of your fridge handy so I can pull up the correct manuals and have a look at them for you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Kenmore # GEN11042F - 08
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

So first off since you are dealing with the mold and it being gross in there I am going to strongly suggest changing the water filter.

http://www.discountfilterstore.com/water-filter-refrigerator-kenmore-gen11042fr-08.html

1. Unplug your ice machine. ...
  2. Empty the ice bin. ...
  3. Turn the water supply off. ...
  4. Replace the ice bin, plug the ice maker in, and run it through a cleaning cycle.
  5. Dump the ice, refill with clean water, and run another cycle.
  6. Dump the ice and re-attach the water supply.

If you find this information helpful please rate with 5 stars at the top if you have any follow up questions at all or need more advice please do not rate negatively just follow up here with me on this thread. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

If this information is helpful please let me know and rate with 5 stars at the top. If you need further assistance please reach back out to me.