Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My maytag stops working mid cycle, 4, yes, maytag bravos

Customer Question

my maytag stops working mid cycle
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: maytag bravos series 300 cant power it down we have to unplug it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Can I get the full model number located on a sticker below the lid down by the hinges?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Trying but the lid is locked
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If you plug the washer back in are you able to start a new cycle like normal after it has stopped mid cycle? And when it stops mid cycle does it start beeping and flashing an error code on the display or does it just shut off or??

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just shuts off
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

OK the only thing that would cause the washer to shut off is the main power control board mounted under the control panel in the far back right corner. Anything else that would shut the washer down would cause it to beep and give you an error code. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order and replace for your model to resolve the issue. It's not something you can just reset I'm sorry to say.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well I went looking on my one and found out you were not correct!
What the problem was caused by was a clogged pump took the drum out and cleared it and it's working just fine.So your answer didn't help
Thank goodness for YouTube they helped
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If your drain pump was an issue you would have gotten an error LD and you said you weren't getting an error so I can only help if your information you give me is correct. Have a nice day.