Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

I have a Frigidare Affinity washer that will run for a few

Customer Question

I have a Frigidare Affinity washer that will run for a few minutes and then just shut off while full of water. It has error code E48. What could this be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 2 months ago.

E48 Control detects a problem with the door lock circuit. Unplug the washer. Check the wiring harness going to the door lock assembly. If the wiring harness is sound, the door lock/switch assembly usually needs to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have tried to unplug it for an extended period of time and that does not make a difference. Other than a visual check of the wiring going to the switch, are there any other tests I should perform before replacing the switch? I can look up that the code relates to the switch for free and would not have used this service for such simple information....Also, the model number of the unit is LTF7000EFO

If you have a multimeter you can test the door switch for continuity. If no continuity then the door switch will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should there be continuity in the open or closed position? What are the acceptable values when the switch is closed?

Take readings with the switch open and closed. If the results are other than readings of 0.00 and ∞ respectively, the switch is bad and needs to be replaced.

I see this question is still open. Do you need more help?

Please remember to Use the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.