Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

Our Bosch dishwasher SHU 3000 series is not getting water

Customer Question

Our Bosch dishwasher SHU 3000 series is not getting water although the water lines to the dishwasher are open and functioning normally.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The dishwasher is about 16-17 years old. The exact model is SHU 3000 Fp(###) ###-####
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is safe and likely to be successful. If not we will call an appliance repairman.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Machine appears to be working normally but just not getting water.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who tries to assist you today. It sounds to me like there may be a problem with the water valve. Either clogged or just not functioning and if its 16-17 yrs old its an even stronger possibility the water valve has just gone bad.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

You can always try removing the valve and cleaning it under hot water and seeing if that will help the unit to getting water flowing back through it correctly.