Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool refridgerator. Model WRB322DMBM00 and the

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool refridgerator. Model WRB322DMBM00 and the ice maker is producing small cubes. I need some advice.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: approximately 2 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I might
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the fridge is in a location where it is difficult to move
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Have you noticed it getting worse over time or it just happened all of a sudden?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What is the question
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Did the cubes get smaller over a period of time or just happened all of a sudden?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
For a while they were hollow, now they are just small
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** very helpful! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The issue you are having is with water pressure when the valve opens to fill the ice maker. If you can verify the water pressure to the valve from the home's water supply is good, then the valve will need to be replaced. Now, that will require the refrigerator be pulled out. The valve is mounted in the back at the bottom, behind the lower access panel. Be sure to check the water pressure from your home, the clamp on saddle valves are common to plug. You may have luck shutting it totally off and then turning back on. If you still get small cubes, the valve will need to be replaced and is available below.

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Very helpful
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you!