Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a bosch nexxt washing machine. WFM 3200 uc/01 After

Customer Question

I have a bosch nexxt washing machine. WFM 3200 uc/01 After completing a washing cycle, the door will not open
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2005. My neighbor just gave it to us and said it has been working perfectly but he wanted a smaller unit
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: WFMC 3200 UC/01 FA (or FD) 8508
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Well, that's the problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Can you tell if the water drained from the tub from the last wash cycle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It seems to have
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Do you hear the door lock clicking or buzzing at all?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When the cycle was over it beeps 5 times and then It beeped three times every 10 seconds for about a minute and then I turn the machine off
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Okay, so let's try an easy test. Right now, with the door still locked, will it start a new wash cycle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've started several
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It clicks 3 time when I select cycle
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Okay, great! So if the issue was poor drainage or a control issue, the new cycle would not start. The lock has to be working electrically as well, or the switches would prevent a new cycle from being started. So, that means that the lock is mechanically not working. The lock will need to be replaced. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Kk. The neighbor who gave us this machine came over and verified what you said. He says I have to place my hip against the door when the wash is over, switch the machine off, switch it back to a setting again and then the door was unlocked. I tried it several times now and it's working
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

The door will need to be opened to replace the lock. If you remove the small access door at the bottom of the front panel, you will see the green/yellow pull cord that will allow you to manually release the latch and open the door. Once the door is opened, remove the wire spring clamp from around the front of the rubber door gasket and you can fold the lock side of the rubber seal back to access the lock. All connections simply unplug and plug in making for an easy replacement.

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!