Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My Frigidaire refrigerator doesn't cool. it is set @ 0 F in

Customer Question

my Frigidaire refrigerator doesn't cool. it is set @ 0 F in the freezer and 35 F in the fridge
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

If the unit does not cool in the refrigerator or freezer you need to check and see if the compressor is running behind the unit, if it is you likely have a major issue with the sealed system. That could be a freon leak or other sealed system issue. If the compressor is not running you could have a bad thermostat control or bad start relay on the compressor. There are just a lot of things that can cause these units not to cool so you need to check it out or get a tech out to check it over depending on your skill level.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!