Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Samsung showcase and the display says off. how can

Customer Question

I have a Samsung showcase and the display says off. how can I reset this to working status? frozen items have melted.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OF OF means that the unit is in demo mode. I'm not sure if you were holding the correct buttons, but all you should need to do is press and hold the power freeze and energy saver buttons for 5 seconds to remove demo mode. If that doesn't work or the unit goes back into demo mode, the control board behind the display panel will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Most of the time when this issue occurs, your display board is just shorted and you can't exit demo mode. I say that because it's just as difficult to put the unit into demo mode so it's not likely that someone just leaned on the control panel and accidentally put it into demo mode.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?