Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Samsung rs261mdwp I pushed the reset and water goes

Customer Question

I have a Samsung rs261mdwp I pushed the reset and water goes in I get 1 tray
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 6 years rs261mdwp fills 1 tray and stops
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I do not know yet
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If you press the test button and the icemaker cycles and makes 1 tray of ice but it won't make another batch on it's own, it means that either the area around the icemaker isn't below 10ºF (which stops the icemaker from cycling on it's own) or the icemaker is just bad and needs to be replaced because it's not sensing properly. Check the temperature and if that checks good, below is a link to the icemaker you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
where is the tempature gage
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The temperature sensor is built into the icemaker. But to test the temperature you'd need to get a refrigerator thermostat from a grocery store or something and put it in the icemaker bucket to see what the temperature is after a few hours around the icemaker area.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?