Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Thanks! I bought a used Magicater commercial Grill and am

Customer Question

Hello, thanks! I bought a used Magicater commercial Grill and am having a bit of a problem with one of the burners. It fires up ok and runs for about 30 seconds and then i get a pretty nasty backflash that causes me to shut that burner down. I took burner off and cleaned it out thoroughly, because I was told it could be due to cobwebs or other obstructions? Was wondering if improper alignment from turn valve through orifice through burner when looking above could be causing this backflash? Any idea would be deeply appreciated? thx
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Thank you... its been about a week since I bought it second hand
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I do.. if possible? Already have the grill apart
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The grill seems to be an older version circa 1994. It is a MagiCater LPG - 60 propane grill.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Yes if it not aligned correctly that will happen the gas will not flow to the burner right and build up causing a flash over. The only other thing that can typically cause that issue is a bad burner itself, if it is corroded or rotted that will happen too.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!