Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Kitchenaid Refridgerator that the bottom freezer

Customer Question

I have a Kitchenaid Refridgerator that the bottom freezer pan is filling with water, freezing and then leaking on the floor. Can you tell me what I need to do to fix it? The model is KFXS25RYBL0
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 6 years old and the model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What part number do I need to replace?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

To clarify, the bottom of the freezer floor is freezing over and leaking, correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Correct
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Great, that is an easy fix! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please give me written instructions or video and part number(s) so that I can fix this problem. Model # kfxs25rybl0
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The defrost drain is plugged and will need to be thawed and the updated drain kit installed. You will need to open the doors and unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours to thaw the drain, so the food will be displaced. Once it has thawed, the part at the link below will need to be installed.

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how it is installed!

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!