Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My wolf gas stove is making a ticking sound (igniting

Customer Question

My wolf gas stove is making a ticking sound (igniting sound). It has just been cleaned. What do I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So this is a common problem and you can continue using the oven for now, but it won't stop clicking until everything dries out *hopefully*. Once you're done using the oven, just turn the circuit breaker off and let it sit for 24 hours and the spark switches which got wet from boiling over should dry out. Right now one or more of the switches is wet so it thinks you're trying to light the burner all the time even though that isn't the case. Once the oven dries out it should stop clicking but if not, then the spark switch that got wet would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?