Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I HAVE A 9 YEAR OLD WHIRLPOOL FRG MODEL GC5NHAXSB00. THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A 9 YEAR OLD WHIRLPOOL FRG MODEL GC5NHAXSB00. THE METAL BOX AT THE BACK BOTTOM LEFT HAS A PSB IN IT, THE BOARD WHISTLES WHEN THE COMPRESSOR IS RUNNING AND THE RELAY ON THE PCB KEEPS CLICKING ON AND OFF TURNING THE COMPRESSOR ON AND OFF. THE FREEZER IS COLD AND THE REFRIG. IS NOT COLD ENOUGF.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 9 TO 10 YEARS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I WOULD LIKE TO I HAVE ELECTRICAL EXPERENCE
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NOT THAT I CAN THINK OF. BUT WE HAVE DOGS AND WHEN I REMOVED THE ACCESS PANEL FOUND A LOT OF DIRTY FUR THAT WE CLEANED OUT
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately this is a problem with your main control board which is that board inside the metal box in the far back bottom right corner. The board part number is ***** and it's no longer available which is going to make it difficult to track down a new part because the only boards available are refurbished boards since the factory doesn't make them. Either way, if you search around on the internet you'll be able to locate the part for about $200 or so.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?