Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I used the microwave with nothing inside. Now have plastic

Customer Question

I used the microwave with nothing inside. Now have white plastic beads protruding through roof. Is it safe to use it still
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

It is not safe to use the microwave unfortunately. If there is no food inside the microwave when running, the microwave will build up and start reacting to thinks they are not supposed to. The first thing they react to is plastic. The plastic venting or stirrer above the microwave has melted and will need to be replaced to make sure microwaves don't escape when the unit is in use.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.