Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a maytag maxima and it was not working anymore. There

Customer Question

I have a maytag maxima and it was not working anymore. There was an error F06 E01
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it has two years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm outside of US
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it was working fine and one day, there was this error Now, when I use it, it sat add garment and if we wait, there is the error F06 E01
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

F06 E01 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer in the front right corner attached to the right side wall and is the part with about 100 wires going into it. You'll want to remove the top panel and to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just have to replace the MCU .

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there is two card in front panel CCU is the one with all buttons ? on right side ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no more answer ? I have paid
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok I'll found by my self. Bad service.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Neither of those are the CCU. The CCU is mounted to the right side wall, not the front control panel

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by bad service? I have told you everything you need to fix this problem.