Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My dishwasher is a Bisch shp65tl5uc/02. I'm getting an error

Customer Question

My dishwasher is a Bisch shp65tl5uc/02. I'm getting an error message that says E:24, and then it stops running. What does this mean? Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So E24 is a drain error. It means that the dishwasher isn't draining out in an adequate time which it sounds like is true since you found a pool of water at the bottom. Bosch dishwashers are not easy to work on for drain issues unfortunately.

First, I'm going to assume you didn't change your garbage disposal recently--so if you did please speak up. You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the sump apart to check the drain impeller.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is no plastic dome and I don't see a screw. I also don't understand your response because I think there are typos. You may be thinking of a different model.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

I'm not thinking of a different model, there just isn't a video for this exact model. You will need to remove the coarse filter by twisting it out and then pulling out the filter plate. Look down in the sump and there is a plastic cover over top of the drain pump impeller. it's the only removable part down inside the sump. Remove that and look at the impeller.

Other than that you need to uninstall the entire dishwasher and follow the drain hose into the bottom of your dishwasher and disconnect it and then blow through it to make sure it's clear. If it's clear then replace the drain pump. If this is not something you can do yourself then it's time to call a technician out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is the impeller? I took off a cover tart is held down with two screws. But I don't know what I'm looking for.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The impeller is the little plastic fan blade attached to the motor which pumps the water out.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?