Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Frigidaire side by side (Model PHSC39EESS5) the

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire side by side (Model PHSC39EESS5) the water actuator was broken when we moved in, and I just replaced it, but when I put it back together it started acting weird. The lock light is blinking, other lights randomly turn on, the water started running without pushing the actuator, as did the ice as a separate point. Do you have a guess as to if I broke the control panel, or the ribbon connecting it, or is it in the power board?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 38 is the power board for the dispenser. I suspect that part is faulty. Does it (or any of the other parts in the dispenser) show any signs of electrical trouble like arc marks or discoloration?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The ribbon looks discolored on the end, would that need to be replaced too?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Yes, the board is probably shorted and it caused that ribbon to get warm.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The ribbon is available below.

CLICK HERE