Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have disconnected it ... won't stop buzzing. Says it has a

Customer Question

have disconnected it ... won't stop buzzing. Says it has a shorted key pad.... model # JVM1740DM1CC.. made in Novemberr 2009 anything I can do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So I'm not sure how handy you are or if it's even worth fixing but if you're getting a message that says your key pad is shorted, you'd need to order and replace the touch control panel and that part is about $200. Below is a link to the touch control panel for your model just order the correct color for your model (white or bisque). Either way, if you wanted to replace it yourself just unplug the microwave and remove the screws coming in from above the vent along the top of the microwave. The vent will pull off and you can remove the screw at the top of the control panel. The control panel will then slide up and pull off so you can remove the display board and replace the touch control panel. Below is a link to the touch control panel for your model again.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?