Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

I am not getting cold water out of my new LG refrigerator

Customer Question

I am not getting cold water out of my new LG refrigerator water dispenser
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: brand new, got it last week. model number lfxc24726s
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well, I guess, but it is only one week old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, I guess that is it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you today. Give me a moment while I look up your manual.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

So what I need you to do is check the water supply lines and make sure that it is on the cold supply under the sink.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Since your unit is new there should not be any technical problems with it. So I want to make sure the lines are hooked up right? Did the water ever come out cold?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It has a separate hook up behind the fridge. The previous fridge had very cold water from Same line.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Is there a valve for hot and cold water?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nope, single line stopcock with only on or off
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Ok give me just a few minutes. I guess there is a possibility of something have gone wrong. Was the fridge brand new when you got it? Is it under warranty? If we can figure out what it is maybe we can get them to fix it for free :)

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Dispensing warm water troubleshooting

Refrigerator was recently installed.
Allow 24 hours after installation for the water storage tank to cool completely.
The water dispenser has been used recently and the storage tank was exhausted.
Depending on your specific model, the water storage capacity will range from approximately 20 to 30 oz.
Dispenser has not been used for several hours.
If the dispenser has not been used for several hours, the first glass dispensed may be warm. Discard the first 10 oz.
Refrigerator is connected to the hot water supply.
Make sure that the refrigerator is connected to a cold water pipe.
WARNING: Connecting the refrigerator to a hot water line may damage the icemaker

If unit is new you have a 1 year warranty at least on the device and parts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, should I call where I bought it From?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Personally if I was you I would because its not right to spend all that money on a device and it to not be functioning the right way. Of course they would should be sending someone out to you free of charge so if they try to charge you I would be very firm with them. This is not something you have done this is something with there product. I hope you find the information I provided you helpful and if you do please rate with 5 stars at the top. Rating does not stop you from following up with me. If you dont need anything else enjoy the rest of your evening.