Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Samsung washer wa5471abp/xaa 01. When you do a load

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Samsung washer wa5471abp/xaa 01. When you do a load that is very absorbent like more than 3 towels, after the rinse & prior to spin, I get the dc error code. I replaced the 4 damper rods. bought them here: That didn't work at all. I then tried putting memory foam around the drum like a youtube video recommended. That didn't work. I don't think its an unbalanced load issue because sometimes it won't even begin to spin with the heavier load. It drains & then right away dc error. I put it in service mode, then spin test mode. That worked with a heavy load. I was able to take it up to full rpm. So as is, I can do a heavy load & then force it to spin. Sure would like to be able to repair it though. Any suggestions?
thank you,
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The control monitors the tub for balance issues by measuring the current draw of the motor. When a load is greatly unbalanced, the current draw will vary a lot and the control identifies that as a load unbalance issue. So, you may just have a connection issue that is causing the signal from the motor to the control to be misinterpreted. I would remove every connector and reset back in place to alleviate connection issues. Any changes after?